The vision of CEI Triangular – E3 is:
Acting as an international point of reference of innovation for covering the demand for knowledge and new professionals that the growing development of the technological-industrial environment is creating within the specialisation areas of the campus: Human Evolution, Ageing and Ecomobility.
It is for this reason that it has adopted an open, excellence-focused approach on teaching, research, technological development and innovation, based on the interaction with users (Living Labs), intercampus and international mobility and the generation of a high socioeconomic and cultural impact for the region and its citizens.
The central argument of the CEI Triangular – E3 project is that of giving the same importance to the learning process and the development of personal and social skills of the students than to the research and innovation activities. Likewise, there is a recognition of the need to identify and enhance academic and scientific resources in order to achieve a competitive and differentiating offer, which can attract and retain the best students, teachers and researchers, as well as future professionals in such important areas of knowledge as those constituted by the three thematic areas chosen (human evolution, ageing and ecomobility), which – by virtue of their significance for our own knowledge as human beings and of the current and future challenges they face – constitute true “Horizons of Mankind”.
For this purpose, much care will be invested, by means of the joint and coordinated action of the three universities, in the improvement of teaching, the development of specific infrastructures for R+D, in the definition and implantation of new research lines focused on the needs of the main partners of the CEI Triangular – E3, in the training of specialised human talent that can dynamise innovation in companies, as well as in the transfer of useful knowledge to the social and business fabric, so that the CEI Triangular – E3 becomes the main catalyst of knowledge within the area of international innovation as regards human evolution, ageing and ecomobility.
The mission of the CEI Triangular – E3 is to attain international excellence in both teaching and research activities, on the one hand, and in the transfer of knowledge on human evolution, ageing and ecomobility, on the other hand.
This is based on:
- Quality teaching, both on-site and virtual, based on conceptual and methodological innovation and with degrees in accordance with the EHEA, oriented towards giving a multidisciplinary training of international status, differential and capable of increasing the geographic and sectorial employability and mobility of human talent, including both the university ambit and that of vocational/ professional training, so as to be even more effective in the employability, training and recycling of the graduates and professionals.
- A scientific-technological research of recognised international prestige within the thematic areas of the project and capable of solving the specific needs of the business fabric, as well as of increasing the knowledge bases within these areas.
- An open model of innovation and co-creation (Living Lab) that includes the final user in the process of creating the new products and services.
- An entrepreneurial culture that can create companies based on specialised knowledge and aiming at international projection.
- An internationalisation model of the CEI Triangular – E3 that is based on the strength entailed by the aggregation of three universities and their business environment, which includes internationally-implanted companies that can project the image of the campus overseas.
- A mixed financing model, both public and private, based on Public Procurement of Innovative Technology (CPTI) and on agreements with private companies so as to guarantee the sustainability of the project.
- A governance model based on public-private cooperation with global and innovative companies.
The CEI Triangular – E3 will develop a joint value offer for students, teachers, researchers and professionals of the thematic areas of the campus, with the help of the potential of the entities participating in the aggregation and the support of social and business institutions and agents that will be specified further below.